A few months ago I signed up to participate in a pretty cool blogging project. Three blogging communities decided to join forces and pair bloggers from the different communities together to coLABorate on a blog post or a series of blog posts. I bet you're thinking, "Did her caps lock key just randomly stick for 3 letters? And does she know how to spell collaborate??" Nope! I capitalized those letters for a reason. The three communities working together on this project are the Latina Bloggers, Alt Summit, and Blogalicious communities! And the name of the project is, you guessed it, coLAB. So, I was paired up with Rebekah of RebekahAnne.com. We thought it would be fun to introduce ourselves to each other's readers, but playing 20 questions. She submitted 10 questions and I submitted 10 questions and we both answered all 20. I will give both of our answers below. So, Blitz And Glam readers, let me introduce you to Rebekah!
1. How would you describe your style?
- Rebekah: My favorite thing about style blogging has been finding my style. I love classic looks with clean lines. I'm a hug fan of menswear with feminine touches and I love a classic jeans and tee look.
- Me: I would describe my style as classic with a twist. I love classic looks and basic pieces that you can pair with something trendy for a little twist.
2. If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
- Rebekah: I want to live in the South! My dream is to live in Tennessee and become a Southern Sandra Bullock from the Blind Side.
- Me: Before I moved back to DC, I probably would have said NYC, but right now, I'm really loving DC!
3. Who is your favorite person/brand to follow on Instagram?
- Rebekah: Tara @radnandhappy, she is just what her handle says. She's amazingly creative and talented as a photographer, quilter and typographer (is that a real word?) If you ever want to be inspired or uplifted follow her!
- Me: I love to follow BrooklynBlonde, LayllahStyle, and Kattanita. Their style inspires me. It's what I would call simply chic. #wardrobegoals
4. Which social media platform do you check first each day?
- Rebekah: Facebook. Half because it always shows the notification on my phone, half because I'm a FB addict (ok, maybe just the second one…)
- Me: If I have a notification on Facebook, I tend to check that first. If not, I go straight to Instagram.
5. What's the last book that you read?
- Rebekah: The Last Ride by Nicolas Sparks, which was super good and I can now officially see the movie.
- Me: I listen to a lot of audiobooks and I've recently gotten into reading ebooks rather than paperback books. I just finished listening to The Luckiest Girl Alive.
6. If you could only wear one color for a year, what color would it be?
- Rebekah: Navy. I'm totally addicted to navy because it's perfect year-round. White was also a strong contender, but I figured with an 11 month old it wouldn't be my wisest choice.
- Me: White.
7. What is one of your biggest pet peeves?
- Rebekah: Bad grammar. I studied journalism in college and took quite a few grammar and editing classes and it totally turned me into a grammar snob.
- Me: Gum-popping. Ugh!
8. If you were a superhero, what superpower would you want to have?
- Rebekah: The power to slow time down. It would be so awesome to hold onto those perfect moments in life for just a little bit longer.
- Me: Teleportation. I would love to be able to teleport myself all around the world.
9. What's your favorite holiday?
- Rebekah: This is cliche, but I love Christmas. It's so nice to spend time with my family and not worry about work or anything else for at least a day. Also, I live in a snowy place so it's pretty much a guaranteed white Christmas.
- Me: Christmas. It's a time of joy and happiness and time with family.
10. What song would you choose as your theme song?
- Rebekah: Miranda Lambert's Little Red Wagon, because I wish I could be that sassy.
- Me: I would have two: Feeling Myself (Nicki Minaj featuring Beyonce) and Flawless Remix (Beyonce featuring Nicki Minaj). Those two together have me feeling like a bad chick.
11. What is your dream job?
- Rebekah: My dream job is to be a stay at home mom and full-time blogger. I would love to be in charge of my own schedule and be able to be with my kiddos all day.
- Me: My dream job is being a Victoria's Secret Angel.
12. What is one skill you want to really develop this year?
- Rebekah: I have been working on my photography this year. I really want to start taking photos for more people and start my photography business.
- Me: I really want to practice and get better at photography. I love beautiful images and I want to be the one capturing them.
13. Sweet or salty?
- Rebekah: Salty. I would eat chips all day every day if I could. Because of that I never buy them!
- Me: Sweet, which sucks because I'm diabetic, so I have to watch my sugar intake and not eat as many sweets as I would like.
14. What's one thing you can't live without?
- Rebekah: I hate to say it, but my phone. I was without my computer for a month this summer and it drove me insane, luckily my phone saved me a lot.
- Me: I can't live without my iPhone. It's such a basic answer, but it's the truth!
15. What's one skill you wish you had?
- Rebekah: I wish I was an awesome cook. I'm a one-pot meal kind of girl but I would love to create decedent meals!
- Me: I wish that I could sing, like really sing.
16. Who is your celebrity crush?
- Rebekah: Captain America. Not Chris Evans, Captain America.
- Me: Usher, Justin Timberlake, Cam Newton, Michael B. Jordan…the list could go on…
17. What is one thing on your bucket list?
- Rebekah: I want to spend a week on a beach just completely relaxing. I don't want to worry about real life and all my to-dos. I want the ultimate vacation.
- Me: Go to the airport and just buy a ticket to somewhere and go.
18. What concert are you dying to go to?
- Rebekah: Everyone I know just went to see Luke Bryan and I'm super jealous!
- Me: I want to see Nicki Minaj! With my move this summer, I just missed her in the DC area and left Charlotte before she was there.
19. What TV show are you watching right now?
- Rebekah: I'm re-watching The Mindy Project by myself and watching Seinfeld with the hubby.
- Me: I'm currently watching Power, Odd Mom Out, all of the Real Housewives shows, and, well basically anything on Bravo.
20. What are you extraordinary at?
- Rebekah: This is super nerdy but I'm awesome at using semi colons. I think I need to find some other things to be good at!
- Me: I'm extraordinary at keeping my cool and staying calm in stressful situations.
I don't know about you, but I enjoyed reading Rebekah's responses, as well as answering all of the questions. Please head over to Rebekah's blog and learn more about her! Just from her responses, I know that she's someone I would like in real life. Also, be sure to Like the Blitz And Glam Facebook page. I'm going to sprinkle some of these questions over there and would love to hear your responses!