Blouse: Express Outlet c/o Concord Mills
Jessica Simpson heels: Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse c/o Concord Mills
Necklace: The Limited c/o Concord Mills
Earrings: The Limited c/o Concord Mills
Monogram bracelet: c/o 9th & Elm
Location: Eastover (Charlotte)
Photos: Lindsay Wynne Photography
*cues Jay-Z* Allow me to reintroduce myself. My name is Tamara, T to the A, M…Oh! Hello, there! If this is your first time reading Blitz And Glam, welcome! Sit. Have a look around. Hopefully, you'll find something that you like. If you're a long time reader, welcome back! I thought that I would dedicate an entire post to sharing some fun/crazy/interesting facts about me, so let's jump into it…
- I've lived in Charlotte longer than I've lived anywhere since I graduated from high school in 1997 (5+ years and counting now). After leaving the nest (Florence, Alabama), I lived in Birmingham, New Orleans, Baltimore/DC area, Atlanta, and now Charlotte.
- I have a fear of texture and patterns.
- I have a forehead dimple.
- When I say that I read a book, these days it most likely means that I listened to the audiobook.
- I have Type 2 diabetes (I like to think that I change people's opinions about what Type 2 diabetes looks like).
- Two of my newest hobbies are photography and cycling.
- I would love to do a cross-country road trip.
- I don't eat "red" candy.
- My family calls me Tami.
- I can't ride with the car doors unlocked.
- I'm scared of birds.
- My blogging career actually started back in 2008 or 2009. I was a contributor to a popular blog called Working Girl. It was started by two 20 somethings who had moved to NYC and they chronicled their Working Girl lives in the city. It was great (just thinking about it makes me want to do some of that style of blogging here)! When they wanted to add a few contributor from around the country, I jumped at the chance and applied. Everyone was anonymous and went by a Working Girl name. I guess since the blog is defunct, I can reveal that I was Lawyer Working Girl.
- Before I became a lawyer I wanted to be a teacher, marine biologist, sports reporter, orthopedic surgeon, Congresswoman, model…somehow after all of that, I ended up as a lawyer.
- I want to visit every state in the U.S. I've got 29 more to go (if I've only been in the airport in that state, I don't count it).
- I watch TV with closed captioning on.
- I've been trying to become fluent in sign language for years.
- I took my first swim lessons in my late 20s. I still consider myself a beginner swimmer, but I plan to take more lessons eventually.
Now, it's your turn. Do your own facts post or share something interesting in the comments below!