Jogger pants: The Limited Outlet c/o Concord Mills
Blouse: Banana Republic Factory Store c/o Concord Mills
Jacket: Banana Republic Factory Store c/o Concord Mills
Heels: Saks OFF 5th c/o Concord Mills
Necklace: The Limited Outlet c/o Concord Mills
Earrings: The Limited Outlet c/o Concord Mills
Location: The Mint Museum/Eastover (Charlotte)
Photography: Lindsay Wynne Photography
I was recently invited by Concord Mills/Simon Mall to participate in their Indulge event. They gave me a gift card to do some shopping for the event and had me give style tips to those who attended. When I began my shopping mission, I realized that I actually have a process for shopping for a new outfit, so I want to share it with you.
- Decide on your budget for your new outfit. My gift card was for $300.
- There are so many stores in the mall. Make a list of 3-4 stores to shop for your look. These stores might vary with each new look depending on what type of look you're going for. The great thing about Concord Mills is that they have all of my favorite stores. I narrowed my list to Banana Republic Factory Store, The Limited Outlet, J. Crew Factory, and Express Factory Outlet.
- If you know what type of outfit you want, such as pants or jeans or a skirt or dress, that's a great start. If not, no worries. Take a walk through each of the stores on your list and make a note of pieces that catch your eye. Maybe snap a photo with your phone. Also, note prices so that you can be sure to stay within your budget. Keep an eye out for shoes and accessories, too.
- Now, you can mentally put pieces from different stores together. Go back to each store and try on the pieces that you liked most keeping in mind pieces that you liked from other stores that might go with it. For me, the piece that stood out most in Banana Republic, J. Crew, and The Limited was their jogger pants, so I tried them on in each store. Jogger pants are so on trend right now and after browsing each store I knew that I wanted that to be my building piece. These jogger pants at The Limited were easily my favorite pair. I also picked up this necklace and earrings at The Limited that were on sale.
- Now that you have the piece to build the outfit around, think if there are other pieces you liked that would go with it. There were 2 or 3 tops and a jacket in Banana Republic that caught my eye, so I headed back there to try them on with the pants I bought at The Limited. As soon as I tried this top and jacket on with the pants, I was sold on this Sporty Chic look (style tip – look for classic pieces to go with a trendier piece to create a more chic rather than trendy look).
- Once you've bought the clothes and accessories, if you still need shoes, pick 2 stores to shop for shoes. I chose Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse and Saks OFF 5th. I love ankle strap heels and grabbed a pair of pink heels at Off Broadway (check for them on the blog soon!) and these black heels at Saks OFF 5th that were on sale for just under $50. [Side note: One of the great things about Concord Mills is the sales. Every piece that I bought was on sale or discounted!]
- If you have money left in your budget, think back and see if there were any pieces that you could mix and match with the outfit you bought. Or maybe look for a handbag or other accessories. I decided to go with mixing and matching, so I picked up a pink blouse at Express (this blouse will also be on the blog soon!). I can wear it with the pants, with the pants and jacket, or with the jacket and different bottoms.
Now, I want you to be able to shop for an outfit so I'm giving away one $100 Simon Mall gift card courtesy of Simon Mall and Concord Mills (if you don't live in the Charlotte area, check for a Simon Mall near you)! Use the rafflecopter below to enter.