Philosophy blouse: c/o Marshalls
Pencil skirt: c/o Marshalls
BCBGeneration heels: DSW
Cork clutch: Just Fab
Location: NoDa (Charlotte)
Photography: Lindsay Wynne Photography
I have had the best shopping luck lately! Take this look for instance. I found this blouse and skirt at Marshalls a couple of weeks ago. I tried this blouse on with jeans and with this skirt, and while it looks great with both, with this skirt you get the perfect outfit. Why is it perfect, you ask? When I was thinking of what to write about this look, I thought this could be a great date night look. Then I thought office to happy hour look. Then I thought church. As you see, this look could work for any of those occasions and more.
Various shades of orange from coral to tangerine have been catching my eye lately. Outside of a pair of orange wedge sandals and now a recently purchased coral Theory blouse (also from Marshalls), I don't have any other orange in my closet. I'm so glad that I've been taking a chance on this color lately. I even snagged a super cute orange cropped Sam Edelman trench jacket on clearance at Marshalls this past weekend. Even though tangerine is one of Pantone's Spring 2015 colors, I'll try not to go overboard with it.
Anyway, I couldn't resist the old "orange you glad" knock-knock joke when writing this post, so I decided to give it a twist and talk about a few of the things that are making me happy right now:
- Speaking of orange, the countdown is on for the next season of Orange Is The New Black. Ok, it's not out until June, but since we're talking orange, I had to mention it. Oh! I did just finish listening to the audiobook that the show is based on and I really enjoyed it.
- Spending time with my friend Shana in Atlanta Easter weekend. There's nothing like catching up with your good girl friends.
- I'm getting excited about my trip to Alabama next month for my undergraduate AKA chapter's 40th Anniversary Weekend.
- My new bike (more on that to come).
- Egg whites and Pixy Stix. Not together, but I'm slightly hooked on eating both.
- Purple and pink lipsticks.
What colors are you looking to add to your wardrobe this spring? Also, what's making you happy?
*I was provided a gift card by Marshalls to purchase items featured in this post. As always, the opinions are my own.