12 Jan

My Travel List 2015

Each year I like to make a list of the places I want to travel to that year.  Each year, I try to go at least one place that I've never been before. Last year, that was San Juan, Puerto Rico.  The year before that it was Las Vegas, San Francisco, and San Jose.  This year, my list keeps growing, so I thought that I would document it here on the blog before it gets really out of hand.  I didn't travel nearly as much last year as I have the previous few years, so I've got a lot of places that I want to go this year.  We'll see how many places I'm able to cross off my list by the end of the year.

Paris.  Need I say more?  Although with the recent events, I'm kind of pushing this one down the list and might substitute it with Rome or Barcelona instead.  I've never been to any of them, so I'd be just as happy to go to either of these cities.

Charleston, S.C.  This has been on my list for the last 2 years, but I STILL have not made it there.  It's a shame considering that it's only about a 3 hour drive from Charlotte.  This would count as a "I've never been here before" trip.  I AM going to Charleston this year.

Chicago.  I hear that there's nothing like summertime in Chicago.  I picture this trip being nothing but fun.  This would also be a place that I've never been before (I've only been in the airport there).

New York City.  It's been almost 2 years since I've been to NYC and that's just way too long.  My Dad has talked about going with me and my sister, so I'm counting on making it this year.

Denver.  I've always had this dream of taking a ski vacation and sitting in the lodge around the fireplace and drinking hot chocolate (there might be a guy in this dream as well, but I digress).  I also see myself popping in and out of boutiques on a snow-filled street.  I don't even know if Denver is the best city in Colorado for skiing, so I'm open to suggestions. But Denver seems like it would be a cool city to visit.

New Orleans.  I haven't been to New Orleans in 2 years.  It will always have a standing spot on my travel list just because I always hope to make it down there for a Saints home game.

Alabama.  Not the entire state, but I do hope to make it home before Christmas this year.  I try to make it to Birmingham and Killen/Florence when I do go home.  My undergraduate AKA chapter is celebrating our 40th Anniversary, so I definitely plan to make it for the festivities in May!

Portland or Seattle.  In my mind these cities are the same.  If you're from there, live there, or have visited there, please help me distinguish the two and tell me which city I should visit first.

I'm currently accepting travel sponsors (hotel, flights, cash).  Not kidding.  *smile*  What's on your travel list for 2015?

(Image/http://lawsofmodernwoman.tumblr.com/)

• Whitney 'Nic' James

Great list! Charleston is one of my favorite places in the states and I too have been dying to get back there! Never been to Chicago, but like you its on my list. Hope you make it to these places. Thanks for sharing & happy New Year!

~Whitney

#BLMGirls

January 13, 2015 at 5:55 pm
  • Joanna

I definitely want to go to Seattle! I hear good things. I had the best time in New Orleans! Hope you get to visit them all. #BLMGirls

January 13, 2015 at 8:34 pm
  • Tiffany

I plan on going to Seattle/Canada this year since I'm out this way.

Maybe we can try and meet up in Seattle! If not I will definitely see you in Birmingham

January 14, 2015 at 3:41 pm
  • Krystal Grant

I woudn't consider myself the adventurous type. Traveling doesn't appeal to me. I'd much rather curl up on my couch and read a book about a far off place…boring, I know. With that being said I would love to visit NYC. I've never been but have thought of going over the years. By the way, Charleston, SC is a beautiful city….wonderful people, great food.

January 14, 2015 at 8:47 pm
  • Nicole

Awesome list! I Luv Paris and the food is The Best in Chicago! Enjoy a great year of globe-trotting. #BLMGirls

January 15, 2015 at 7:00 am
  • Judy

Love that you included Denver. The skiing is up in the mountains about an hour away but such a beautiful drive you wouldnt mind. And Yes one of the best places to be. Tons of ski towns. Vail, Keystone, Breckenridge..I could go on…come visit…summers are awesome as well. If its too hot in the city you can drive up to the mountains to cool off…

January 15, 2015 at 10:49 am
  • BritishMumUSA

Love the list, I have been to all except for Seattle and Portland, I envision myself sipping coffee here and reading really good books.
    Paris is an amazing city full of charm, romance, art, food, people watching and sooooo much more!!!!

Good luck with hitting all of these amazing cities, and YES Chicago is wonderful in the summer, I live here!!! :)

xoxoxo

January 17, 2015 at 6:04 pm
  • Heather @ Life of a Traveling Navy Wife

I have been to all on your list. I know it may seem crazy, but I've been to Paris twice and I really do not like it. I go to Barcelona every year (I'll be there at end of February/beginning of March this year) and I'd recommend it over Paris. Or really, I'd recommend Nebraska over Paris. That is how much I dislike it.

I'll be in Copper Mountain, CO – two hours from Denver (which is a great city) in February and March (before and after Barcelona – I travel a lot for my job). LOL I'll send you some snow!

Your list is great and I hope you enjoy each every place. Travel is truly a gift.

January 17, 2015 at 11:56 pm
  • Lapaka K

I am also accepting travel sponsors :) On my travel list for 2015 I have Mozambique and Thailand on my travel calender for 2015.

January 19, 2015 at 1:58 am
  • Kirsten

Love your list. Have not been to Portland, but Seattle is wonderful in August and September. I prefer Rome to Barcelona, but in the summer both will be very hot and humid, so go in the off season. I live in Chicago and summer is gorgeous here. Denver is amazing, but you have to drive a bit to get to the ski resorts. Love, love, love Charleston. Such history, and the food is truly amazing. Have never been to Alabama. I have been to New Orleans and NYC, but I love to travel to new places so I would go somewhere else before I returned. Safe travels in 2015!

January 19, 2015 at 10:26 pm