It's been a LONG time since I've done a What's In My Bag post, so I decided to do one. I always find these types of posts interesting, because I carry a lot of stuff in my bag and I love to see what others carry in theirs. This week I'm carrying my cobalt blue Harper bag that I got at Francesca's last fall. I still get so many people asking me where I got this bag. It's one of my favorites not only because of the color and shape, but because it's big enough to hold everything and it's not a struggle to find what I'm looking for in it.
1. Blitz And Glam Planner. I won a gift card to Minted from my friend, Trina of The Baby Shopaholic, earlier this year and this planner is one of the items that I chose. I love when I can personalize something. And I'd been wanting to get back to using a real planner again.
2. Pen. I have several pens in my bag, but this particular pen is that one that I use to write in my planner and journal. It came in a set of 6 pens all with different designs and ink colors. The ink in this pen is the same bluish color as the top.
3. Journal. I keep a journal in my handbag, because ideas always pop into my head and I need to write them down. Here are some of the things that you can find inside this journal: outfit details for upcoming photo shoots, a list of upcoming blog posts, drafts of blog posts, business plans, and packing lists. These days I get most of my journals from Marshalls (including this one). They always have a great selection for extremely reasonable prices (like $4.99).
4. Jean Lafont Paris tortoise-shell reading glasses. This is one pair of reading glasses that I currently have. I keep both pair in my bag until I get to work in the mornings and decide which pair matches that day's outfit.
5. Michael Kors reading glasses. This is my other pair of reading glasses. I love the blue color on the outside and the orange color on the inside. I probably wear these most often, because I find myself wearing a lot of blue lately. Both pair are courtesy of my best friend and optometrist, Dr. Alexia Vaughn of Advanced Eye Care in Homewood, Alabama.
6. Cole Haan sunglasses. These sunglasses were part of my Marshalls Project Fab Year 1 final thank you package. Although sun hasn't been plentiful in Charlotte the last few months, I keep these in my handbag (my best friend/optometrist says that even when the sun isn't out, you should still wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from harmful UV rays).
7. Anne Klein wallet. I don't know if you can tell from the photo, but this wallet is stuffed. And not with money, unfortunately. I currently need to clean out a bunch of receipts and coupons and now-empty gift cards. This wallet was also a fab find at Marshalls several months ago right when I was in need of a new wallet. My old wallet was pink, so I was happy to find a pink replacement wallet.
8. Ralph Lauren makeup bag. Another great find from Marshalls. I was SO in need of a makeup bag for my handbag. I keep hand sanitizer, lip balm, and several lip glosses and lipsticks in it.
9. Doublemint. I always have a pack of Doublemint. This keeps me from snacking all day at work plus it will usually hit the spot when I have a sugar craving.
10. iPhone 4S. If Apple or Verizon wants to give me an Apple 6 for free, I'll take it. Otherwise, this works just fine for now.
11. Pepper spray. Listen. A woman can never be too careful. After a scary incident where a man followed me to my car at Target (luckily, I was aware of what was going on and went back towards the store and alerted security), this became necessary.
12. Business cards. I keep my blogger business cards on me. I also got these from Minted. These are my favorite cards to date.
13. iPod Nano. This keeps me sane at work. I alternate between listening to music and podcasts throughout the day. I'll have to do a post on my favorite podcasts soon so you all can share your favorite podcasts with me.
14. Stun Gun. I don't always keep this in my bag, but when I do, I'm not the one that you want to mess with. *zap zap* Also pink and also a result of the above-mentioned incident.
15. Duracell battery. Yet another fab find from Marshalls. I'm always using my phone for everything except making phone calls, so I always keep my charger and this Duracell battery with me. When my phone battery runs low, I just connect it to this battery. It's good for 1 almost completely full charge (from a dead battery it will get me to 90+%).
What's in your bag? Is there anything in it that would surprise people? Do you sometimes find random items in it?