18 Sep

Rocksbox + How To Dress Up A Basic Tee

Grey tee (Target) | Necklace (c/o RocksBox) | Michael Kors frames (c/o Advanced Eye Care)

I was recently contacted by RocksBox about trying their jewelry subscription service.  I was intrigued because (a) I love jewelry, (b) I don't have nearly enough of it, and (c) I'd been looking for a "box" service that would fit my needs.  Well, signing up was easy.  I took a survey about my style and before I knew it my first RocksBox had arrived.  How does it work?  You're assigned a stylist who picks out 3 pieces for you.  My first box contained a necklace (see below), bracelet (see here), and earrings.  My second box contained a necklace (see above), ring, and earrings.  You keep the 3 pieces as long as you want and then send them back when you're ready for new pieces.  And sending them back is easy.  You simply reuse the mailing envelope that it came in and drop it in the mail.  If you find that you cannot part with a piece, you keep it and they will charge your card on file for the price of the piece you kept.  It's really that easy.

Rocksbox Necklace

At first I thought, "Sure, I'll try it for free for 3 months and then cancel," but now I'm hooked on it and I think that I'm going to continue after my courtesy subscription is up!  For only $19/month, it's totally worth it, especially for a style blogger who is always shooting outfits or the impromptu selfie like the one above.  I wore that gorgeous necklace to work with a basic grey tee, a flirty skirt, and ankle strap heels.  And I had just left the hair salon, so this was the perfect time to snap a selfie (follow me on the 'Gram @BlitzAndGlam).  Have you heard of RocksBox?  Do you have a subscription?  Do you think it's a subscription service that you'll like?

Photo:  Lindsay Wynne Photography

• Diatta @ Femme Fitale Fit Club

Truth be told – I should subscribe because I will wear the same jewelry until it is rusted because I am such a creature of habit.  Very cute.

September 20, 2014 at 9:24 am
  • Stacie

Your jewelry worked perfectly with your glasses!  I've never heard of Rocksbox, thanks for sharing. #SITSblogging

September 20, 2014 at 10:41 am
  • KG

It looks like something I would definitely do but how much are the pieces? You're paying $19 and you can't keep anything unless you pay for it. Sounds to me like it's a bit much. But they are very nice indeed.

Visiting from the SITS SHAREFEST!! 1,000 more to go… :)
    Have a great Saturday.
    Also, I have a very important link for you to share: PAY IT FORWARD: help someone in need. http://bit.ly/1v35Aj5

Keep in Touch(ed),
    KG

September 20, 2014 at 10:53 am
  • Akaleistar

Beautiful necklaces! This sounds like a great service :)

September 20, 2014 at 11:40 am
  • Lana

I love this idea!  Really cute necklaces.

September 20, 2014 at 12:19 pm
  • Leslie

I love this, how cute! your glasses are adorable, where did you get them?! Happy Saturday!

September 20, 2014 at 3:20 pm
  • Leslie

I think box services are really great ways for people to sample beauty products or even food but I don't know about jewelry.

Those pieces look great though!

September 20, 2014 at 3:30 pm
  • Kesha of We Got Kidz

Yaaaasss ma'am! That Roxbox is such a good idea! Your pieces were too cute. (Not sure how to feel about you putting me on to a new subscription service though. lol!) I'm going to check this out!

P.S. Your hair is laid! Love it! :)

September 20, 2014 at 7:45 pm
  • Amanda Sue

I have heard of them, but I've never really check into them…but I love subscription services!!! Still trying to find the one that's perfect for me though. :) I was using a nail polish one for a bit, but I think they changed formula cause it started smelling strong! So I bailed out of that one…I'm subscription free at the moment, lol.

September 21, 2014 at 11:33 am
  • Xiomeeks

I have not heard of RocksBox but for $19 it sounds amazing! You can't hardly beat that price anywhere. #SITSBlogging

September 22, 2014 at 6:06 am
  • Kim C

I am loving this!! I did a post not too long ago on the plain white t and using a light weight scarf.  But I REALLY love the necklace and can't wait to try it out.

September 22, 2014 at 2:50 pm
  • Adrian

Looks like a fun service and i would certainly enjoy opening the boxes each month, but the pricing might be a bit much for the non-fashion blogger crowd.  Thanks for sharing though!  SITSSharefest

September 23, 2014 at 9:31 am
  • Valerie

You are so right – a blazer and a simple neckpiece can make a basic tee go a long way!

September 23, 2014 at 9:12 pm