Green Ralph Lauren Tote (c/o Marshalls) | Steve Madden Flat Sandals (c/o Marshalls) | Steve Madden Sunglasses (c/o Marshalls)
The Fault In Our Stars (c/o Marshalls) | Journal (c/o Marshalls) | Duracell Battery (c/o Marshalls)
Chipins (c/o Marshalls) | OPI Nail Polish (c/o Marshalls)
Whether I'm catching a flight or packing up the car for a road trip, I always pack a "carry-on bag" with some easy-to-get-to essentials. I'm going to show you What's In My Weekend Getaway Bag, but, first, the bag itself – a green Ralph Lauren Leighton Shopper Tote. A nice, green bag has been on my wish list for a couple of months and with this bag not only do you get a tote, but also a cute clutch (check out the blog next week to see the clutch). I can put my large items in the tote and my smaller essentials like my phone, cash, and lip balm in the clutch. When I reach my destination and it's time to go out, I can leave the tote and carry the clutch. Along with this tote, I found all of these weekend getaway essentials at Marshalls:
- Steve Madden flats – I usually start out in heels, but at some point, whether it's just for comfort or because I'm going to do a lot of walking or sightseeing, I will change into these flats.
- Steve Madden sunglasses – Hopefully, wherever I go, there's nothing but sunny skies during the weekend getaway.
- The Fault In Our Stars – The perfect weekend getaway includes some time to relax with a good book. I've heard nothing but great things about this book and movie. I wasn't planning to read this book before seeing the movie, but when I saw it at Marshalls for $8.99, I grabbed it up. Marshalls also had Divergent and Allegiant available in paperback and hardback. I might go back for those as well.
- Journal – I always have a journal with me in case a good idea pops in my head. In fact, I'm currently typing this blog post from the draft that I wrote in my journal.
- Duracell battery – Follow me on Instagram (BlitzAndGlam) and Twitter (@BlitzAndGlam) and you will see why I like to keep this battery with me when I'm on the go. I have a fear of my cellphone battery dying, so if my phone needs charging while I'm out and about I can just connect my phone to this battery for a QUICK charge (it seems to charge my phone quicker than plugging it into the wall!).
- Chipins – You never know when you'll need a little something to snack on on the plane, in the car, or on the beach. If you didn't know, Marshalls has all kinds of snacks, cookies, chocolates, and candy (plus a lot of other food stuff).
- OPI Nail Polish in Moon Over Mumbai – Lately, I've been waiting until the last minute to do my nails and I sometimes end up staying up way too late the night before a trip in order to do my nails and let them dry. I grabbed this bottle of polish my last trip to Marshalls and threw it into this weekend getaway bag. Problem solved.
Head to Marshalls to get all of your Weekend Getaway essentials. What's in your bag?
Location: Little Sugar Creek Greenway/Midtown Charlotte
(Photos/Lindsay Wynne Photography)
*A gift card was provided to me by Marshalls to purchase items for this post, but as always, the opinions are my own.