Gingham shirt (Old Navy – old) :: Blazer (The Limited – old) :: Jeans (DKNY c/o Marshalls) :: Handbag (Anne Klein c/o Marshalls)
Chuck Taylor Converse (c/o Off Broadway) :: Bracelet (Cynthia Rowley c/o Belk) :: Earrings (Tiffany & Co)
If you read the last two What I Wore posts, then you know that this is a 3-part series of posts all about transitioning to spring. In the first post, I wrote about how this time of year is made for layering and I featured a layered look. In the second post, I wrote about shopping my closet to see what I have and what I need for this spring. In this post I also featured another layered look of pieces that I already had in my closet. In this final post of the series I'm featuring a third layered look comprised of classic pieces.
There are some pieces that are classic spring must-haves; pieces that will carry you from spring to summer and also help you transition to fall. And not only are they perfect from season to season, but also from year to year. If you ever wonder what types of pieces you should spend a little more money on, it's the classic pieces.
- Handbag (think fun, spring color)
- Flats/sneakers (time outdoors, sightseeing)
- Gingham and/or white-button down shirt (bonus point if you have both)
- Cardigan (lots of places tend to blast the AC when it gets warm)
- Blazer (great for day-to-night spring looks)
- Great-fitting jeans (all of your jeans should make your butt look great)
- Rain boots (because sandals suck in rainy weather)
- Umbrella (April showers bring May flowers)
- Sunglasses (Hello, sunshine)
- Swimsuit (don't forget the sunscreen)
What are your spring must-haves?
(Photos :: Lindsay Wynne Photography)