14 Feb

Project Fab – Organizing My Home

I moved to a different part of Charlotte at the end of last summer and yes, I'm still trying to get organized.  I typically keep things pretty neat, but since the move I feel like things have gotten a little less organized (it might help if I would unpack the last 3 boxes).  One thing that I really wanted to organize was my coffee table.  I usually keep my coffee table books on top and some other books and magazines (I have subscriptions to Glamour, Essence, InStyle, ESPN The Magazine, and thanks to my best friend, Alexia, I will soon be getting Entrepreneur) on the bottom.  Sometimes I get a bit busy and go a couple or 3 months without reading my magazines and they start to stack up.  Lucky for me, I found this metal rack at Marshalls that I thought would be perfect for organizing my magazines and books (see that Bethenny Frankel book?  I also found that at Marshalls).

Project Fab Organization 3

The other thing that I needed to organize was my mail.  I sometimes let my mail pile up on my desk all week and then go through it on the weekend.  I usually end up with some papers that need to be filed (like insurance papers), some that I need to take action on (like bills), and some that I need to mail back out (like a RSVP to a wedding).  I love this mail sorter that I found at Marshalls, because it has 3 baskets that are great for separating my mail and that will keep my desk from getting messy.

Project Fab Organization

What are some of the things that you need to organize in your home or office?  Have you come up with some creative ways to stay organized?

(Photos/Lindsay Wynne Photography)

*Marshalls provided me with a gift card to purchase these items, but as always, these opinions are my own.

Love this!!!! You are about to get me organized, Tamara!!! I will probably have a panic attack upon approaching my office space, lol. I love these ideas. Let me get on it!!!!

February 14, 2014 at 1:45 pm
  • Steph

I love those wire baskets. Looking good! 😉 Stopping by from SITS

February 15, 2014 at 2:07 am
  • Jessica

Loving that vertical mail organizer. What a score! I have to start prepping myself for a move,looking forward to purging and buying accessories for the new place. #SITSSharefest

February 15, 2014 at 3:02 am
  • Corinne

Organization makes me very happy! I use a lot of baskets and plastic bins since they look tidy on the shelves but don’t require everything in them to be perfectly placed (because that extra few seconds it takes to do it always derails my organization). #SITSSharefest

February 15, 2014 at 8:14 am
  • Suzanne

I moved at the end of last summer too, and am also trying to organize and decorate! I feel you!! Love the wire baskets – I keep staring at them in the stores trying to figure out exactly where I need them. Looks great! Cheers! #SITSsharefest

February 15, 2014 at 10:41 am
  • Christa Sterken

Love that mail sorter, I always forget to go there and shop but will definitely check it out

February 15, 2014 at 10:50 am
  • jessica

These baskets are great! Where’s the first one from? Did I miss where it was marked..? And I like that the mail sorting only takes up the counter space of one, but has three times as much storage. That’s effective organizing! I do the same thing with my mail in an antique box I made dividers for :)
    #SITSSharefest

February 15, 2014 at 2:25 pm
  • Ann

Love those baskets! They'd definitely fit in & on my desk–stopping by from the #SITSSharefest on Saturday.

February 15, 2014 at 3:09 pm
  • Katie

Oh wow. I really need to do something like this for my mail. It’s always cluttering up the kitchen table!

February 15, 2014 at 4:57 pm
  • Pamela Frost

I am in serious need of help getting organized! I am in the middle of planning a party, packing for the Princess Half marathon and work from home several days of the week. I have to get it together. It’s harder with 2 kids! Any advice is so helpful!

February 15, 2014 at 7:44 pm
  • Jen

I love Marshalls. SO many good finds! I need these baskets. I’m especially loving the mail sorter. I’e got pieces of paper EVERYWHEEEEEERE. It would be awesome to have some place to corral them nice and neatly until I find my way to them (if I find my way to them ;)).

February 15, 2014 at 8:22 pm
  • Tanya @ Mom's Small Victories

I love these wire baskets to help organize. I have a lot of work to do to reorganize my house and declutter.

I hope you will stop by and share up to 3 family friendly posts with my Small Victories Sunday linkup. http://momssmallvictories.com/small-victories-sunday-7-one-make-comeback/

Stopping by from SITS!

February 15, 2014 at 9:33 pm
  • Kate

Getting organised feels great doesn’t it. I’m slowly trying to organise out study/my sewing room! It just feels there’s not quite enough time to do it all 😉

I’m catching up on posts from the #SITSSharefest

February 16, 2014 at 5:22 am