12 Feb

Project Fab – My Vision for 2014

I've stated previously that I don't really make New Year's resolutions.  I just reassess my goals and vision and figure out what I accomplished the previous year and which goals I want to accomplish in the New Year.  I like to create a vision board as a visual reminder of the things that I want to do – land the job that I will truly enjoy (time to make my exit from the legal field?), make sure my health stays on track (#diabeticproblems), and do more of the things that make me happy.  I put places I want to go – New Orleans for a Saints home game is high on the list this year (also going to London for one of the NFL International games.  Sponsors welcome. *smile*).  I also added a style icon this year – who else would I put for 2014 but Kerry Washington/Olivia Pope?  I recently worked on my vision board (a work in progress) and I wanted something cute to add to the board.  Well, during my last trip to Marshalls I was looking through the items near the checkout counter when I found these fleur-de-lis push pins and had to have them (Geaux Saints!).  I must make another trip to Marshalls to get more so that I can continue to work on my vision board.

Project Fab Journals

Along the lines of keeping my goals and dreams in front of me, I always keep a journal with me.  I love to write down ideas, plans, goals, and drafts of future blog posts (I'm currently typing this blog post from a draft in my journal).  Marshalls always has the best journals for the lowest prices.  I can't go in Marshalls without looking at their journals and notepads.  Oh.  And see that cool jar on the left side of my desk? That's also from Marshalls.  As soon as I find a piece of chalk and figure out exactly what I want to do with it I'm going to label it.  Check back over the next week to see other goals I'm working on for 2014.  What do you have on your vision board?

(Photos/Lindsay Wynne Photography)

*A gift card was provided to me by Marshalls for the purchase of these items.  All opinions are my own.

Tamara, we have that notebook thing in common. I call mine my “life bible” and I always keep mine with me. Always writing in it. Gosh, your desk is extra organized…I love it! Mines look nothing like this, lol. I’m trying though :). Stay on your “goals” and “visions”

February 14, 2014 at 1:42 pm
  • Tara Newman

Tamara, I never think to look in Marshall's for journals! Thanks for the tip. I usually get mine from Target. I do a mix of handwritten and digital. Depends on the content I am recording and if I need to share it. Stopping by from SITSsharefest.

February 15, 2014 at 9:31 am
  • Sarah @ The Bluntest Blog

Love the idea of having a vision board! Great way to motivate and stay on track. Marshall’s is dangerously fabulous! I often shop there for journals, mugs, trinkets, etc.

I have a suggestion for the jar. Keep a Happiness Jar. I have a huge one on my nightstand and each day (or as often as you like) you right down the happiest moment of the day on a piece of paper and put it in the jar. I’ve done this for almost a year. On the days I struggle to find happiness I read a few of my little notes. They vary from getting recognition at work to simple things like my little girl and I read together before bedtime. Just a suggestion as it’s worked wonders for me.

Stopping by from SITS! Happy Saturday Sharefest!

February 15, 2014 at 11:29 am
  • Eva Marie Taylor

I am such a visual person, so I LOVE the idea of a vision board! It reminds me of my teen years when my friends and I would cut out words and pictures out of magazines and make collages. It was cooler than Pinterest :)

February 15, 2014 at 5:03 pm
  • Tanya @ Mom's Small Victories

I have been working on my goals too this year. I’m glad you are focusing on your health and getting organized. I have been working hard on my healthy eating and exercising goals and it helps me manage my chronic illness. I have been trying to write down something I am thankful for in my weekly planner. I’m in Raleigh, so nice to meet another NC blogger!

We have a goals linky where we encourage each other to follow our goals if you’d like to link up.

February 15, 2014 at 9:37 pm
  • Kate

Hey,

I’m a bit late visiting from Saturday sharefest.

I’m with you on the resolutions thing and like you I have goals and things I want to achieve. Love the idea of a vision board! I think that is something I want to do so thanks for that inspiration.

If I ever get to visit the USA I think I’d have a field day with going into all these shops I read about on blogs that sound inexpensive but have lots of lovely stuff in. Ah well.

Pleased to have discovered your blog. I liked your other post too. Your newest subscriber.

February 16, 2014 at 3:47 pm
  • jill

I love the idea of a vision board instead of new years resolutions. Great idea! I am going to get mine together this week.

February 17, 2014 at 8:48 pm