Finally, the long-awaited and much asked for follow-up to the 21 Do's And Don'ts of Instagram is here! Please remember that these are my tips and pet peeves. You don't have to agree (although I suspect that you will agree with at least a few). If you see yourself in this list, well, just know that I will try not to judge you. *wink*
- Don't like your own photos. You posted it. We know you like it.
- Don't post a screenshot showing all of your photos that someone liked. No one really cares. If you want to thank them for liking your photos, go and like or comment on one or two of their photos (if they have a private account then just thank them in the comments of one of your photos).
- Don't post an old Instagram photo as your #TBT (Throwback Thursday) photo. We saw it the first time.
- Don't treat Instagram like Pinterest. Post some of your own original photos at least occasionally (preferably most of the time).
- Don't screenshot and post your tweets. Instagram is Instagram and Twitter is Twitter.
- Don't be afraid to unfollow anyone who annoys you with their posts.
- Don't repost celebrity (Beyonce) photos if it's a celebrity (Beyonce) with millions of followers. We're all following them (Beyonce), so we don't need to see their (Beyonce) photos reposted by everyone we follow.
- Don't lurk. Why follow someone if you're never going to like or comment on their photos? If you don't actually like any of their photos, why are you following them?
- Don't use the Earlybird filter for EVERY photo. Ok. Don't use any one filter for every photo. Be adventurous. Try a different filter every now and again.
- Don't post 50 photos a day. You're spamming us.
What are some of your Instagram pet peeves and/or tips? Be sure to follow me on Instagram @BlitzAndGlam.