Saturday morning I was scrolling through my Instagram feed when I saw someone post a screenshot of a new app that she'd discovered called Magnetique. The gist of the app is this: you capture a photo of a page in a magazine that you're reading and it will break each item apart and tell you the designer and where you can find it. You can then go to the website to purchase it. Is that not brilliant? How many times have you been reading a magazine and think, "I need those shoes. Where can I find them?"
1. Choose Your Magazine. Magnetique currently has 2 magazine options: Glamour and InStyle.
2. Capture the page in the magazine.
3. Magnetique breaks down each item on the page.
4. Select the item that you want.
5. Click "Find" and Magnetique lists every store that has that particular item.
6. Click on the store that you want.
7. Click on the globe and Magnetique opens the webpage where you can order the item.
How awesome is that (and did I mention that it's free?)! I have a subscription to Glamour and InStyle so I'm going to have a lot of fun with this app when I'm reading those magazines. Hopefully, they will be adding more magazines to the list.