19 Jun

Go Someplace You’ve Never Been Before

I love and want to live by this quote.  I love to pack my bags and head out of town and I think it's time to travel to more places that I've never been (last year I traveled to three places that I'd never been, Connecticut, Boston, and Detroit).  Right now, I have 4 places on my travel list and with two roundtrip flights courtesy of Southwest that I must use in the next year (and I've vowed to use them to go places that I've never been), I think I can knock a couple off soon.  So, here's where I want to go (more places will be added to the list):

Travel List

1. I've been thinking about going to Puerto Rico for my birthday in August.  Since Southwest flies to Puerto Rico it makes sense to use one of my roundtrip flights to go there.
  2. It makes no sense that I've lived in Charlotte for 3 years and have never taken a weekend road trip to Charleston.  Being a beach town makes it a no-brainer for a quick summer getaway.  Everyone tells me that it's only about 3 hours away, so I think I can scratch this one off the list pretty easily.
  3. California!  How have I never been??  With friends and two aunts in LA and the Bay Area, I must make this happen sooner rather than later.
  4. Paris needs no explanation.

Have you been to any of these places?  Do you have some must-see/must-do/must-stay suggestions?  What destinations are on your travel list?

(Quote image from Pinterest)

Aww…I love my home (Detroit). Great post! I have not been to any of those places you mentioned, but would like to hit Paris one day, as far as my travel list, I would love to travel to: Houston and LA…

June 19, 2013 at 7:57 am
  • Niki McNeill

I have never been to Cali & I feel so guilty about it! I hope to get out of country again once I finish school this fall :)

June 19, 2013 at 7:49 pm
  • Cam | Bibs & Baubles

Great list. I'm from Detroit, I live in Los Angeles, I got engaged in Paris. Puerto Rico is definitely on my list!!! I have been thinking a lot about the places I want to go. The list is LONG! Let's start with Italy!

June 19, 2013 at 8:16 pm
  • Katherine G

This is a great idea!!! Hope you enjoy your travels.

June 19, 2013 at 8:20 pm
  • YUMMommy

You'll love Charleston!  I had no clue it was only 3 hours from Charlotte.  I've only gone with my mom and so we usually leave out from SC and takes longer from her house to get there.  But it's well worth the drive to enjoy the beautiful sights, shopping at the markets and eating fresh seafood.

June 20, 2013 at 12:10 am
  • Ebony

I want to visit Charlotte and PR makes my list every year and I never make it there :( But I will go some day

June 20, 2013 at 11:42 pm
  • Joanne Viola

It is so fun to go see places where you have not been. So glad yo have some free tickets too so you can save on the airfare. We have loved CA. especially going to Alcatraz. One of my kids favorite trips. Have a wonderful summer of travel! I visited from the SITS :)

June 22, 2013 at 5:41 am
  • grownandflown

Great idea to have a list ready and to constantly see new places.  Inspirational to me.

Stopping by from sits.

June 22, 2013 at 7:26 am
  • YourBoyfriendsBestGirlfriend.com

Been to Charleston and California. Haven't made it to PR or Paris. I do need to get my travel on seeing as I'm working on 3 years without a vacation! :(

June 23, 2013 at 10:39 am
  • Nancy Davis

I will be in your suitcase when you go.  Would love to go somewhere I haven't been before.

June 24, 2013 at 10:03 am
  • Terrilynn

Detroit is home! I've not been to any of the other places. I love to travel; however, mommy duties limited that for some time. I'm now sending my son to college and plan to move full speed ahead with my Fabulous Feats List (Bucket List). Locations on list: LA, Miami, Vegas, Charleston, Paris, Italy, Puerto Rico and Turks and Caicos.

July 10, 2013 at 12:10 pm