Today, I will be off to New York City to attend BlogHer 12! This will be my very first BlogHer conference (although not my first blogger conference) and to say that I'm excited is an understatement. Here's my list of things that I'm most excited about:
1. A little bit of a break from work and the normal day-to-day stuff. Who doesn't need that, right?
2. Seeing and hanging out with some of my blogger friends, such as Trina from The Baby Shopaholic, Monica from SoFamilyOnline.com, Stacey from Justice Fergie Life Is The Party AND one of the Founders of Blogalicious (which is coming up in September in Vegas), and others who I know I'm forgetting to name.
3. Finally meeting some of my blogger friends in real life such as Ty from Gorgeous In Grey, Kitty from KittyBradshaw.com, and Mimi from Lipgloss & Binky, to name a few (there are SO many more blogger whom I hope to meet in real life).
4. Did I mention that BlogHer is taking place in one of my favorite cities, New York City? I love that city and I can't wait to spend a few days enjoying the city outside of BlogHer (I hate that the Today Show crew is in London right now for the Olympics, because I would so get up early one morning to go over and stand outside on the plaza during the airing).
5. President Barack Obama. Yes. You read that right. Our President will be addressing the BlogHer attendees live via video! How exciting is that? Even the President knows what kind of influence bloggers have on others and he's not missing the opportunity to talk to us live.
— BlogHer(@BlogHer) July 31, 2012
6. Katie Couric, Martha Stewart, Soledad O'Brien, Christy Turlington, and Malaak Compton-Rock. All of these wonderful women will be there live to speak to us.
— Katie Couric (@katiecouric) June 27, 2012
7. Dancing with the Rockettes. Thanks to Pfizer a lucky bunch of us will get the opportunity to workout with the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall on Friday morning. This is definitely one of those once-in-a-lifetime experiences that I don't want to miss.
8. Networking. I love meeting other bloggers and discovering new blogs to add to my Blogroll. There have been several opportunities that have come my way because I met a blogger at a conference who remembered me and my blog and passed my info along to someone. In addition to meeting other bloggers, I love meeting and connecting with brands. There are a few brands that will be there that I plan to target.
9. Speaking of networking, I'm excited about my new business cards and I can't wait to hand them out.
10. The Conference itself. How could I leave off the actual conference? I'm always excited to attend sessions during blogger conferences for all of the information I learn. Be sure to follow me on Twitter @BlitzAndGlam for lots of tweets from #BlogHer12 (those who've followed my tweets from conferences in the past know that I live tweet as much as I can to share the knowledge).
I will be sure to take lots of pictures (including what I'm wearing each day) and video to share here on my blog when I return next week. Be sure to also follow me on Instagram (BlitzAndGlam) for a sneak peek at what I'm getting into in NYC.
(Sorry that the posts have been light the last couple of weeks. Working longer than normal hours at the 9 to 5, preparing for BlogHer, and going out of town have all made it hard to push the posts out, but hopefully, once I return from BlogHer, I will be back to my regular posting.)