25 Jun

BET’s The Game Adds Two New Characters

If you watched the season finale of BET's The Game, then you know that Melanie and Derwin are moving to the East Coast so that Melanie can focus on her medical career at Johns Hopkins and that Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall will not be returning next season.  This left many fans wondering what direction the show would go in – who would be the new leading couple?  Well, it looks like they are adding two new characters to the show.  It's being reported that Lauren London, who starred in ATL, Madea's Big Happy Family, 90210, and who has made several appearances on VH1's Single Ladies, will be joining the cast as Kiera, a former child star.  It is also reported that Jay Ellis, who has had roles on Hart of Dixie and NCIS, will be joining the cast as Bryce "The Blueprint" Westbrook (also known as Blue), a star running back from an Ivy League school who rubs his teammates the wrong way.

Doesn't The Game already have one player who rubs his teammates the wrong way (now injured quarterback Kwan)?  What do you think of the addition of these two characters?  Will you be tuning in next season?

(Images 1 and 2)

• cici

June 25, 2012 at 8:28 pm
  • YUMMommy

I'm disappointed that they aren't taking Pooch up on his offer to return to the show.  He's made it very clear publicly that he reached out to BET wanting to return as a regular for next season.  I would think that it would be easier to replace Melanie than to cut them out all together.  Not sure where this show is headed but I probably won't be watching like I used to.

June 25, 2012 at 11:58 pm
  • i.used.to.be.a.fan.until.now

Since they are gone NO I WILL NOT BE WATCHING!!!
    The views for this show are going to drop they made the GAME a good show they kept everyone tuned in it just won’t be the same without them.

July 3, 2012 at 8:04 am
  • YourBoyfriendsBestGirlfriend.com

I'm so unhappy about this… I actually stopped watching the show mid season. I don't know what they did to it, but somehow The Game lost it's "game". Ha!
    I don't understand the acting love affair with London, she wasn't a great actress in ATL…seems like she's NuNu or New New in every role… Or maybe it's just me :(

July 6, 2012 at 7:55 am
  • mayhia

Im never watching the game since them actors thats not goin to play a good role

March 23, 2013 at 2:29 pm
  • pdiddy

I’m very disapponited with the show that was wrong how they did the cast and if they didnt have the money to pay them why not just do away with the show. and im done watching the game it really it’s what it use to be after BET picked it up Bet just brought drama to the show and to much ghetto all togehter im done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 27, 2013 at 12:46 pm
  • Rae

Definitely not the same without Melany & Derwin…but I enjoyed the 1st episode and will be back to see more

March 27, 2013 at 9:54 pm
  • Sheila Deveaux

Of course I will watch the show!  As the saying goes, "one monkey don't stop no show". I will miss Derwin and Melanie's character but I respect their decision to move on and pursue other projects and the writers must do the same..so keep it moving and let's enjoy the new season!

March 28, 2013 at 12:29 pm
  • hurt

so upset about the situation. derwin melanie malik tee tee and tasha was the game. without all of them together there is no game. i set my dvr to watch all episodes. after seeing first episode of new season dvr settings for the game has been changed. i am no longer interested. not a fan anymore. derwin ans mel yu will be missed.:-(

March 31, 2013 at 11:18 pm
  • Cass

I’m very disappointed that derwin and Melanie are gone from the game. this show will never be the same and the first show sucked from the new season. we need at least derwin back please!!!!!!!

April 2, 2013 at 9:45 pm
  • Run

BET thinks it can do what NBC did when it removed Lisa Bonet's character "Denise Huxtable" from the "Cosby Show" spinoff  "A Different World".  It won't work, because Denise brought very little to ADW, while Melanie and Derwin are not only the central characters but also clearly the best actors – with all due respect to the other talented cast members.

June 7, 2013 at 5:40 pm
  • sweet T

I didnt think I would watch the show either but I have been. Probably after Tosha gets waht she deserves for hurting Pookie, I will become less interested.

June 16, 2013 at 7:21 pm
  • latoya laing

the game is really ghetto….its like a low budget film, its can not even compare to the one before …..this new thing is real garbage.

July 17, 2013 at 4:45 pm