Under Armour released its latest commercial featuring Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton on its Facebook page a day before its debut on the NFL Network during the NFL Combine. And this commercial is hot. The concept of the commercial is to show what Cam does on his day off and it features DJ/producer AraabMuzik as his DJ. Here's a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the commercial, according to this espn.com article:
- Cam started the opening scene before the director said "Action!" The director told him to wait for his cue, to which he said he was sorry, cracked a joke about his acting skills, and flashed his Hollywood smile. (*insert my own love struck grin here*)
- Cam got the giggles during another scene.
- The lighting was tricky because of the almost two-foot difference in Cam and AraabMuzik's heights.
- Cam coughed during one take.
- A train goes by during another take (oh yes. A train. Welcome to my neighborhood. Speaking of my neighborhood, the next time they are filming down the street from me in Bank of America Stadium, they need to give me a call.)
Cam told the writer, "I want to go down in history as the greatest and that's a large statement to make, I know, but if you're not playing this game to be great, then why are you playing?"