Melanie, Derwin, Tasha, Malik, Jason. BET's The Game is back! Here's the recap of the season premiere:
- The episode opened with Melanie stating that she had an abortion, Tasha and Malik standing for Jenna's body and realizing she's dead, and Jason realizing he's married.
- The clock rewinds to 12 hours earlier and Mel and trying to convince Derwin that she didn't do it. Mel then runs into McHottie outside of the hospital.
- Jason wakes up in bed next to a woman played by Selita Ebanks.
- Malik carries Jenna into the house and Tasha tries to convince him to call 911. Malik says he can fix it because her modeling career can't take a hit and that calling 911 is like calling TMZ.
- Mel and Derwin are having a party for DJ and Derwin apologizes for making Mel feel bad earlier and for letting her go through it alone. He assumes the baby was his and that it happened when they were in college. He pointed to the fact that she gained weight in college and then came back from summer break and was skinny again. By the look on Mel's face, it's obvious that Derwin is wrong.
- Tee-Tee finds Tasha crying in the hall and asks what's wrong. She says she messed up by dropping Derwin as a client and taking Malik. Malik steps into the hall to get the food Tee-Tee brought and then goes back in the bathroom and finds Jenna gone.
- Jason meets a bartender in the club played by Brandy and they don't hit it off.
- Melanie and Derwin run into Trey Wiggs with his wife and daughter. They invite them to DJ's party the next day.
- A woman shows up at Malik's house with a gun to collect $55,000 from Jenna.
- Jason runs into his daughter kissing a guy outside of the theater whose white. Jason asks how many black guys has she dated and Britt is grossed out by the idea of dating a black guy and says, "You know how we do." Jason tries to defend himself and say he dated a black woman, Camille.
- As they look for Jenna, Malik explains that Jenna was there for him at his worst in rehab and that he wouldn't have made it through without her so he has to be there for her at her worst. Tasha tells him that all of her eggs are in his basket. Tee-Tee tells Tasha that she needs to go back to Derwin and to stop letting Malik dictate her life.
- Mel and Derwin talk about McHottie while Derwin is sitting on the toilet and wants to know how he found out about McHottie. He says, "What's done in the dark will come to the light." Mel decides to confess that the baby was Trey's. Derwin asks her why she didn't just let him believe the baby was his and that she had an out. Mel brings up him sleeping with Drew Sidora and Derwin asks if she's trying to say it's his fault. Derwin tells her that her lies affect him. She said she never wanted him to know and that she planned to take that to her grave, but now she wants to move on. Derwin says that he can't do that tonight and leaves.
- Malik is performing CPR on Jenna and the lady with the gun comes up and stabs her with a needle and she starts breathing again.
- Chardonnay (Brandy) got fired and Jason feels bad and offers to pay her salary for 2 weeks. He realizes how much that would be and offers to take her to Chili's instead. He then wakes up in a cheap motel in Mexico with Chardonnay calling him her husband and they are both wearing rings.
- Jason says she roofied him. She says that they got really drunk and he kept going on about how he loves black women so she said prove it. She said that they then got married.
- Mel wakes up the next morning in bed alone.
- Tasha gives Tee-Tee money to give to the lady with the gun so she will leave.
- Chardonnay says that when they get back they are getting the marriage annulled. She gives him a hard time about not liking black women. She accuses him of being ashamed of being black. He says that when he was little he had a huge crush on a black girl and tried to dance with her and she said that she doesn't dance with white boys. He lists other black women who wouldn't give him the time of day, but says the white women did. He says that once he got in the league black women were his biggest fans. He says he wishes he could change his experience, but he can't but that he wants to be more open-minded in the future.
- Derwin shows up before the party and wants to talk about it. Mel says that sometimes she forgets that she did what she did. She asks if he would have wanted her again after having Trey's baby and he says he honestly doesn't know. She reminds him that she has to do that everyday. She says that Trey doesn't know she was pregnant and had an abortion.
- Tasha tells Malik to not make her regret choosing him. Malik tells Tasha he's taking Jenna back to rehab.
- The photographer asks if he can get a picture with just Mommy, Daddy, and DJ at the party.
- Trey Wiggs shows up while Derwin is outside and Derwin punches him and takes his gift inside.
So, what did you think? Are you in for this new season or are you out? If you don't think it lives up to the quality of the pre-BET seasons, what do you think they need to do to bring it back to that level? I will say that I'm in. I still enjoy The Game. It is different, but I'm ok with that. The older seasons of The Game were more like the current episodes of Let's Stay Together. The writers never let it get too heavy for too long before inserting comedy (classic sitcom). In the last 2 seasons, the writers have added more drama and let it go longer periods before inserting comedy (more of a dramedy although they did add the laugh track back this season to lighten it up some). If you want something more like The Game Seasons 1-4, watch Let's Stay Together. Otherwise, adjust to the change.