Talk about the ultimate tease! We (yes, we) are still in the middle of a Lockout, no season is guaranteed at this point, but the NFL released the schedule for the upcoming season (?). I will admit, with no football right now, we get excited about any little piece of football that we can get, so yes, I was excited to see the schedules too. I plan to be on the road and in the skies this upcoming season (?) so be on the lookout for me!
Here are a few matchups that caught my eye and that I'm penciling into my schedule:
- Saints at Packers (Thursday, September 8): Of course, I'm super excited about my team opening the season against the defending Super Bowl Champs. In my mind, though, it's cold in Green Bay from January until December.
- Steelers at Ravens (Sunday, September 11): Uh-huh, you know what it is! Black and…purple, black and purple, black and purple, black and purple!
- Saints at Panthers (Sunday, October 9): I'm excited about this game for 1.5 reasons. The first one is easy. I live in Charlotte and my team will be coming in to destroy the Panthers once again. But the 0.5 reason is only a 0.5 because it's still to be determined, and that is, the possibility that Cam Newton will be drafted by the Panthers (insert googly eyes).
- (Insert team) at Dolphins (various dates): It's Miami! South Beach! Does anyone really care who they are playing?
- Falcons at Saints (Monday, December 26): I sense you're noticing a theme. Well, this is a huge matchup for Saints and Falcons fans and it's in the Superdome and in the city I called home for 3 years while I was in law school (Tulane). What better reason is there to head back to the N.O. than this game?
Which games are you excited about and which ones do you plan to attend this upcoming season (?)?