There will be tons of parties going on in Dallas during Super Bowl week, but there will also be plenty of opportunities to network and to give back to the community. Have you been invited to a corporate event? Are you attending a charity luncheon or brunch? Not only do you want to make sure that you are appropriately dressed for the occasion, but you want to make sure that you're prepared to network and make lasting connections. Here are a few tips to help you out:
- Take your business cards. Don't have any? Get some made. You will meet a lot of people so you need to be prepared.
- Have a specific place in your handbag for your business cards so that you're not digging through your handbag looking for your cards. It also helps to have a specific place to put business cards that you receive.
- After the event, jot down a couple of notes on the back of the business cards so you can remember something about them and what you talked about. This will help with your follow up email or phone call.
- Hold your beverage in your left hand so that you can shake with your (dry and warm) right hand.
- Speaking of shaking hands–no limp handshakes.
- Do some research on the people who will be there and the people you will meet.
- Not sure if you've met someone before? Tell them, "It's nice to see you" rather than "It's nice to meet you."